Monday, February 8, 2010

Rachel's obsession

The girls have been asking a lot lately to play games and do puzzles so for Rachel's birthday I got her some really nice wooden puzzles that I thought were pretty age appropriate. They only have about 12 pieces each and came in a set of four puzzles. Since then, just about every time I look at her, she is doing a puzzle. The only problem is that if you give her one puzzle at a time, she really isn't challenged. You have to mix all the pieces together (they have different shapes on the back for easy sorting) and then give it to her to sort out as she works the puzzle. We had also gotten a puzzle for Kaitlyn for Christmas which has 63 pieces. I had thought it would be a little challenging for Kaitlyn but a fun thing for us to do together. Can you guess which puzzle Rachel is doing in the picture?


So far, she hasn't put the whole thing together by herself, but she doesn't ask me for help either. If I am helping her, she will do most of it by herself and only needs a little bit of coaching.

No comments: