Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Home School

No, we still don't know when or where we are moving. We have set goals and will hopefully have an answer soon, but I feel like I have been saying that for a month.

Kaitlyn is supposed to be starting Kindergarten this year and I have been super stressed about whether or not to put her in school before we move. Since we will likely be moving again within the school year, I did not want her to have to make all of those changes twice and possibly have a bad experience that will have a negitive affect later on. So with a lot of thought and a little encouragement, I decided to home school her until we move. The plan is to do an hour or so of "school time" every day. We started yesterday with some worksheets that I printed off and today Kaitlyn asked a couple of times if we were having "school time" today so I guess she likes the idea. Today we had an art project for "school time." We dyed some noodles and made necklaces. Ofcourse they HAD to make bracelets to go with the necklaces, right? I think I might try to do a different subject a day or something. I don't know, we are still winging it at this point. Here is the finished project.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cari-I've got my teaching degree & am just a few classes & student teaching shy of my early childhood (pre K-K) degree. Let me know if you need anything, I'd be happy to help!

SDLollypoppers said...

Go girl!! You can do it!