Saturday, January 22, 2011
Murphy Strikes again
This time it was me that Murphy decided to hit. Yesterday, the girls were playing all nice and quietly in their room when I heard a THUMP! Now this isn't entirely unusual so I didn't think much of it. UNTIL I hear the pitter patter of little feet running toward me. "MOM! There is paint all over the floor!" Needless to say, I didn't ask questions, I ran! Apparently they were building a tower with the buckets of clothes in their room; not my favorite option for towers but can't hurt anything, right? Well, until you put a can of paint with a plastic lid on the top of the tower! I seriously don't know what they were thinking! So the tower fell, the lid popped off the half full can of paint and the paint spilled all over the wood floor. Luckily for me, it didn't splatter the walls and by some miracle, there were not any toys in the way. The next hour was spent scrapping wet paint off the floor, washing it off of the wagon and buckets, and using a toothbrush to get the paint out of the cracks between the floor boards. This was NOT how I planned to work out today but, let me tell you, I couldn't have come up with a better last chance workout for myself! And now, their room is clean and the floor is mopped. One less thing to do on Saturday! ~SIGH~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh so so sorry:(
Wow. Glad you were able to get it clean.
Post a Comment