So this last week I was in Houston, and I think the NASA quote is an apt description of the week. In summary:
1. A three hour trip from the Airport to the Hotel
2. Having a truck but no truck key on Monday morning, waiting 40 minutes for a cab.
3. Walking into the office at 8:30 to a failed air conditioner
4. Hotel air conditioning not working Monday or Tuesday
5. Truck air conditioning quitting on Tuesday.
6. A temp in the office at 113F on Wednesday at 6pm while I am doing paperwork.
7. Having the order for the ac fan motors for the office get cancelled Thur night by the supplier.
8. Having the truck ac compressor have the wrong connection, install fail.
9. After truck ac is installed Friday night, find out the lines have cracks and all the coolant had leaked out.
10. Got out of the office at 10 pm Fri. Missed the restaurant by 3 minutes had to settle for McDonalds
11. Got up at 445 to catch the airplane home.
So. While Houston was in triple digit temps all week, I had no air conditioning till Friday at 4pm. And when I got home at 130, Louisville was supposed to be in triple digits. Really glad the AC works in our apartment!
The staff was really good even though the conditions were miserable. They all did great at keeping things running and doing what needed to be done.
Highlight of the week was definitely on Wednesday getting to go visit one of the Yearsley clan. Kori and her husband let me invade (and even use their laundry!!!). Their boys are growing well and had great smiles! I bribed them with ice cream :) And then we ate cheese and grapes while we waited for my laundry. It was great to see them.
I stand by what I have said for a while: When it's cold you can add more clothes, but when it's hot you can only take so many off before you get arrested for indecent exposure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment