Sunday, November 16, 2008

Oldest Maughan trend

So it's been an interesting weekend. I have been working on the bunkbeds (got them all sanded, and then remembered I needed to fill the holes. So...another day delayed) and also working on a project for our YM/YW. The stake had a seminary devotional and then an activity afterward. Our ward was in charge of it. I spent the morning on Saturday going over to my boss's house and getting me a new couch! It's comfortable! It's almost as comfortable as my old white couch (for those who remember it) but I still will bring it up to give the appropriate parties a hard time.

Kevin came over to spend some time with us this weekend and also went to the activity. I went to run the time filler/quiz section of the activity. I had only been there a few minutes when Cari called and told me that Kaitlyn had jumped onto the bean bag (from the floor) and had landed wrong. Cari had heard a pop, but couldn't tell if she had just popped a toe or what. But Kaitlyn was hurt and I was 30 minutes away (if I left right then). So thank goodness for great sister-in-law! Jess went over and helped Cari and I didn't get a second phone call telling me she thought it was bad enough I needed to come take them to the docs.

When I got home I found out that Kaitlyn wouldn't put pressure on her foot, but that she was asleep and seemed to be ok. So we decided to wait for the morning. This morning Kaitlyn still didn't want to put weight on it, so I took Cari, Rachel, and Kevin to church and then took Kaitlyn to the urgent care. Of course I had to stop along the way and fill up my tire cause apparently I have a slow leak.

Kaitlyn did her typical stare for each of the doctors and nurses that we saw this morning. The radiologists and nurses were all impressed that if she was hurting she wasn't letting it show and was very cooperative. Even when the DO came and poked and prodded her foot she didn't flinch or pull or way or any kind of reaction at all. So the doc didn't think anything was wrong, but would go take a look at the X-ray just to be sure. A few minutes later she came back and had a look of incredulability (SP?) on her face. Kaitlyn has broken the toe bone on her 2nd to smallest toe on her right foot (up in the foot, right behind the knuckle).

If my memory serves, this would mean that Emma, Jordan, and Kaitlyn have all broken a bone. This would be all of the Oldest kids. Hmmm...I guess that means my kids are typical. No cast, she just has to wear hard sole shoes for the next 6 weeks.

The rest of today I have cooked. Made tacos and invited over the Gavin family for dinner. Tacos, guacamole (with fresh ingredients! MMMmmmm....), and Heather brought over a chocolate cream pie. I'm going to go have some now...and then crash.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, guys!! I found you and I'm glad I did. Kaitlyn sounds like AJ was when he was younger...no broken bone, just a nasty burn on the back of his thigh, but no crying ever. I would have kicked the doctor in the face if she'd pushed on a burn blister like she did. Kaitlyn sounds like a tough little girl.

Since I just found you (and we get NO INFORMATION passed on to us from Brian and Andi) I just read about the scary things going on with your baby. I'm so sorry to hear there's something wrong. I totally understand the not knowing troubles. We've dealt with some issues a couple of times with AJ, though not from birth. Good luck with everything, keep your good attitude (it helps a lot), and we'll keep you in our prayers.

p.s. I like all the spellings of Ashley except Ashli

Angela said...

Jeff---
really it may be time to let the couch go......