The reasons for the project. That is a piece of the pipe that went from the bathroom.
The cast iron elbow that was part of the main sewer line. YUCK!! The cast iron was so brittle that it was cracking everywhere as they were cutting it out.

The new pipes.

For those of you who have not seen the old pipes, they went straight up from the hole in the floor and were kind of spread out everywhere. Now it is all up against the wall and much more efficient.

What started as a semi major project that would take one weekend has turned into a MAJOR project that will not be completed for a while. The bathroom is now getting a complete makeover. This was something that was going to be done eventually anyway but as we started taking out all the old plumbing, we decided we might as well go ahead and do it all the right way and not do any temporary fixes. So the girls get to take showers for a while like the big people. We will post the finished bathroom when it is all done. It might be a while so don't hold your breathe or anything. BIG, HUGE hugs and kisses to my dad for all his help. Oh, Kevin and Becca helped in the destuction process as well.
3 comments:
Yep. That's how I remember things going when working on our house (before we sold it). Everything turned out to be a bigger project than the one I started! Notice that I said "I started?!" James wouldn't let me forget that it was my idea to start the projects! Ha-ha. But I think end result was well worth it. I'm sure your new bathroom will be awesome. 'Best of luck!
Good luck getting it all taken care of. And I hope there aren't any more surprises!
Good luck...we helped Nick's mom with her bathroom once and it was a huge project...a lot bigger than we had expected too! I guess with water involved there is always a surprise. I'm anxious to see the after pics! Oh and sad to hear about your truck. Not a fun thing when cars aren't working correctly...very stressful!
Post a Comment