Monday, March 9, 2009
Time Change
Can I just start by saying that I really don't get the whole time change thing. One more reason to live in AZ. The kids obviously don't get it either. We are on the crazy church schedule that is right in the middle of lunch time and nap time, so by the time we get home from church, we have a very short window to get the girls down for a nap before it is too late for a nap. Needless to say, yesterday was one of those Sundays that I just gave up on the nap idea so I was expecting the girls to go to bed early and sleep soundly through the night. Of course, that did not happen. Bedtime is normally between 8-9 so with the time change, they were no where close to ready for bed at 8 and since we had friends over for dinner we lost track of time and it was closer to 10 before we started them to bed. Luckily, they went to sleep pretty quickly, as did Jeff and I. So about...oh like I really looked at the clock!...sometime in the middle of the night, Kaitlyn comes in for whatever reason and insists on snuggling in between mom and dad. Eventually, after she fell back to sleep, I made Jeff take her back to bed so that I could sleep. Jeff's alarm goes off at 6am which would actually be 5am normal time and this morning when it went off, it definitely felt like 5am. Jeff went back to sleep. Luckily for him, Rachel started to stir about 6:40 which woke me up again so I sent Jeff into get Rachel. She was not really awake yet so he brought her into snuggle with me so he could get ready for work. About 30 min later, in stumbles Kaitlyn, not yet awake and seeing that Mommy and Rachel are still sleeping, she curls up next to Rachel and promptly falls back to sleep as well. So Mommy, Kaitlyn, and Rachel are all nice and cozy in the brand new comfy bed when the inevitable happens, the phone rings. By this time it is about 8:30 so it is a perfectly logical time for someone to be calling other then the fact that my internal clock still says 7:30 which means it is NOT time to get up yet, especially if the girls are still sleeping. And can I actually answer the phone? NO! I'm pinned underneath two sleeping beauties and of course it is not some irritating sales person calling that I could just ignore. It is actually someone that I need to talk to but can't because if I move, I wake up the girls and then it is "Mommy...!" from then on. So the phone has to wait but now I am awake and there is no going back to sleep. So I just get to lie there wishing that I could get to the camera because even though I can't see them completely, I'm sure that they are just the cutest picture in the world, but that picture will just have to be one that stays in my head for the rest of time. As I am laying there treasuring the moment, I can't help but think about how quickly they will grow out of this stage which makes all the elbows to the ribs and numb figures worth it. Eventually, the girls wake up, ever so slowly which warrants another picture snapped only in my head (SOOOOO CUTE!). And what do you think the first thing that Rachel does once she is coherent? "BELLY!" Yes, snuggles turned into a tickle fest rather quickly from there. :) I know every mom says this, but I really do have the cutest little Maughansters in the world!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Sounds lovely! Except for the waking up part. :)
What a precious memory you will always have! Thanks for sharing it with us:).
Hey Jeff and Cari!! How are you guys? Your little girls are so cute!! It was nice to catch up on your family and see how it has grown since I last saw you. Take care!!
Post a Comment