Sunday, August 9, 2009

On the Road again and

Remember how I said I didn't like doing lots of trips all at once...yeah...the Lord did, and he laughed.

Friday we drove to Columbia, dropped off my two girls at their cousin's house and then drove the rest of the way to Angela's house (of course stopping for ice cream this time). Ange fixed us this great overnight French Toast and then Cari and I took Emma to the Temple for a Youth Baptistry trip. We had the great opportunity to do some of the line from Grandma Patsy and then Cari, Emma and I went to Nauvoo for the sealing of our great friends, Wes and Melissa Baldwin. It was a beautiful trip. Of course there was a bride there in Nauvoo, and I got roped into taking a few pictures as we passed.

Of course I couldn't go to Nauvoo without going to the Hotel Nauvoo for dinner. It was phenomenal! I was stuffed, and I only had 3 plates!

From Nauvoo we went back to Columbia and to Grandmommy and Grandpapa's house to pick up our kids. They were still up at 10:30 that night. But when they crashed, they crashed. Rachel slept from 11:30 to 9:30 she needed it. Kaitlyn didn't sleep as long, but she is back asleep now.

I just looked over and Cari is working on an update as well.

According to Mapquest, our route was 710 miles, 11 hours 46 minutes of driving. Wow.

2 comments:

Cheryl Anne said...

That makes me miss the buffet at hotel nauvoo! mmm... we're hoping to go this month, its been too long since we were there.

~Cheryl & Benson Wetzker

The Firths said...

I miss Nauvoo as well. Great times.