Tuesday, July 20, 2010

ummm...update

Yes I realize neither Cari or I have updated in a while. Our apologies!
I spent two weeks in Minneapolis doing an assessment for the Manager-in-Training program with work and on returning to KC, got told "as soon as your house sells you will be in the program." So the last couple of weeks (including a week of vacation) we have been working on all the projects I have put off for the last couple of years. (procrastinate...who me???)

We now have a new floor in the front bathroom, we have walls (and they are painted!), and new electrical wires ran (and a new outlet installed). The tile is about half way done, and hopefully (cross your fingers everyone!) I should have the tile done this weekend. We are also installing a door in the back addition that will officially make it a 3 bedroom 2 bath house instead of a 2 bdrm 2 bath.

Then we met with the realtor. The good news is that houses sell really fast in our area as long as they are priced right (2 wks on the market). The bad news is that with the market as low as it is, even though we are not upside down in our loan, with the realtor fees for the sell, we become upside down. Not the best of news for selling the house. So we asked some more questions (I even got to talk to an IRS auditor) and have decided to put the house up for rent. Yep, I am going to become a landlord. Oh my.

So...now we are still finishing up projects, and are doing some research, and we'll see what happens from here. Once we are set (and work is ready for us as well) we will be off to either Minneapolis or Dallas for the MIT program, and then off again to wherever. (currently there are 28 different locations. We'll see.) Joy. multiple moves. Joy. Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy! Ok..tired, time for bed after that Ren and Stimpy flashback.

3 comments:

hwg2g2 said...

We'll miss you!

Tina said...

Multiple moves, eh? 'Sounds like military life. LOL Good luck with everything. 'Hope you end up close to us. :)

TheRapunzelGirl said...

yikes! that's a lot of work on all counts. but all the best!