Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Halloween

I debated long and hard whether or not I was going to make the girls costumes this year. In the end, Rachel just wanted to be her normal princess self (Sleeping Beauty) and Kaitlyn was stuck on the mermaid idea. So I made Kaitlyn a costume but not Rachel. I thought it turned out pretty good for last minute and no pattern. I also already had all the fabric which just happened to match a pair of leggings that Kaitlyn already owned. Even better! I also let them go all out with the make-up which I think was their favorite part, and they decorated their own crowns. I have such pretty girls!
As part of Kaitlyn's homework the day after Halloween, she was assigned to count and sort her candy. We sorted it into chocolate (46 pieces) and non-chocolate (45 pieces). It was a fun ending to a fun Halloween.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Too cute! You have a real talent. :)

Cari said...

Would that talent be making cute kids or the costume? The costume really was pretty simple.