For Thanksgiving, we got to spend some time with family in Missouri and one of the dishes that we had with our feast was bacon wrapped green beans. They were so yummy that Jeff and I decided we wanted to make them using fresh green beans for New Years. As I was preparing the beans for our dinner that night, Rachel wandered by and being her curious little self ask what I was doing and wanted to help. One of the earliest memories I have is snapping green beans with my Grandmother when we lived in Kentucky when I was about 5 years old. All of us kids remember those green beans for one reason or another but for me it is one of the few memories I have of my Grandmother. As I sat their with my daughter enjoying a teaching moment, I couldn't help but appreciate my heritage. I love the look on Rachel's face in this picture. It gives me a little glimpse of what it must have been like for Grandma as she patiently taught us as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment