Monday, April 16, 2012

Easter and Spring Break

We started Easter a little early this year with our Primary's Easter egg hunt. The girls had a lot of fun. I took this picture at the hunt because the fence reminded me of memories I have of Kentucky. Also, the girls have LOVED all the "popcorn" trees this spring so I wanted a picture of them with a pretty "popcorn" tree. So far it has been a beautiful spring here.
Easter weekend was actually a little hectic for us since Jeff was coming home from a trip to Cincinnati on Friday night and leaving again for Raleigh, NC again on Sunday. But we managed to squeeze in some family time. This next picture was taken on our way out the door before church. I would have liked to have gotten more pictures of the girls in their pretty outfits, but it just didn't happen. The girls picked out the fabrics themselves.
I made Rachel's dress and Kaitlyn's skirt and also spiffed up Kaitlyn's hat a little. Rachel had mentioned not long ago that she wanted a bag that would go over her shoulder (like mom), so I decided to try my hand at purses for them as well. They turned out pretty cute. Here is a better picture of them since they kind of blend in with the dresses.
I also made myself a bag for church since all the ones I had now have holes in them. Hopefully the denim will last a little longer. :)

No comments: