Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Another year older

The birthday boy and his girls (mom is always behind the camera).
The close up of the cake.
Jeff wanted something chocolaty with blackberries, but decided against a cheesecake this year. Now before you go getting too impressed, let me break it down for you so you can see how easy it was. Start with 2 9 inch round chocolate cakes (from scratch this time but could easily be done from a box mix), cut them in half for a total of 4 layers. Put frosting between each layer with blackberries (Or whatever berries you like. I think I will try strawberries next time.) in between the middle layers. Top with more frosting and berries. You could frost the whole thing if you want with a buttercream or cream cheese frosting, but I thought that would be a little overkill. I HATE frosting cakes. They never turn out well for me. And since I used a very light creamy "frosting" I didn't think it would stick to the sides very well. Oh! I almost forgot! Heat up some seedless jam and spread that on the cake layers before the frosting. Yes, it was SUPER YUMMY!

1 comment:

Cass Bradshaw said...

Happy birthday Jeffer! That cake looks yummy...