Tuesday, March 5, 2013

New normal

I think I can say that we are officially settling into a new normal. Lexi is growing great (10 lbs 12 oz at her 2 month appointment) and starting to show her personality on a regular basis. She is full of smiles (especially when getting a diaper change) and recently started "talking". It was kind of like she discovered her voice over night and now uses it quite regularly. She is a great sleeper which is SUCH a luxury! I had been contemplating whether or not to try the crying it out thing when she got a little bit older so that Jeff and I could get on a more regular sleep schedule, but now I think there will be no need. She puts herself to sleep very well at night and this week has been going 6+ hours between feedings at night. YEAH!!!! I have actually not felt the need to go back to sleep after getting the girls off to school this last week. (Which is why I am able to blog!)
Speaking of the girls, they are doing great! They love Lexi to death, especially Rachel. Rachel always wants to hold her and help take care of her. She has said more then once that helping with Lexi is teaching her how to be a good mom when she has her own kids. :) Rachel loves school and is excelling in all areas. She loves to dance and we are hoping that she will be able to start ballet lessons soon.
Kaitlyn is also doing well in school. It took her a little longer to adjust and find her niche here, but she seems to have figured it out now. I have been teaching her some of the basics on the piano until we can get her started in formal lessons and so far she loves it. She asks if she can play all the time and when she does, she practices her fingering or the songs that are in the book that we have. She is also super excited about her baptism that is coming up in a few months.
Jeff has been super busy with work lately. We knew there would be some catching up to do when we got here and he finally seems to be on the up swing of that process, but he is still working late most nights. He is also working with the boy scouts again which is always something he enjoys. He doesn't get a lot of family time during the week which he misses but he usually gets to kiss the girls good night and his weekends are free. If his wife would just stop sending him to the four corners of the city to pick up something for the house every Saturday, he might actually be able to get something accomplished at home!
I am finally feeling like I am back to "normal" as well. Once I got rid of the kidney issues, my recovery was a lot easier. I am slowly getting the house organized and decorated the way I want it. Every once in a while I have a few minutes to work on something in between feeds that isn't just the normal household stuff so it is coming together slowly. I am learning to just enjoy the slower pace. There is always something more that we wish we could get done or do as a family in the short time that we have all together, but we are together and it is nice that we don't have to feel rushed for a change. Life is good!

No comments: