Eight years old already! Kaitlyn has been waiting and waiting to turn 8 the day has finally arrived. She also had the special privilege of being baptized on her birthday. Her and Dad had been practicing the moves in and out of the water for over a year and when the time came, she was dunked like pro on the first try. The Spirit was VERY strong and I think it will be a day that she remembers for a long time. It is a good thing we had Grandma and Grandpa here to take pictures because I completely forgot my camera. To bad we forgot to get pictures with them though.
She looks so much like her Daddy!
Grandma made this beautiful dress for my pretty girl. As with all other dresses that Grandma makes, this one was perfect.
Grandma and Grandpa also brought another special surprise for Kaitlyn. I can begin to express how grateful I am that my parents got to be here for this special day as well.
Of course a special birthday would not be complete without a special cake. We have been brain storming for months about this cake and I must say the finished product turned out pretty good. White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake with White Chocolate frosting and LOTS of Chocolate Butterflies and flowers.
And of course cupcakes for the kiddos.
Over all it was a wonderful day.

No comments:
Post a Comment