Saturday, September 21, 2013

Cakes, Cheesecakes, and Chocolate

One of the guys that Jeff works with retired at the end of August. As a semi-farewell (he is still working their just part time now) Jeff wanted to do something special for him so we threw together a cake in his honor.
 He liked it so much that he called his wife to come and have a piece. SHE liked it so much that she asked Jeff if he could do a bigger one for the party they were having for their family and friends. This stressed me out a little because I have never really considered myself very good at cake decorating. I ended up turning to my trusty chocolate for the decorations because the frosting just wasn't working for me. It turned out well in the end though and they loved it. 
This one is a key lime cheesecake for our Primary Teachers Training. This is more my cup of tea.
 One of the kids that attended Kaitlyn's baptism liked her cake so much that he asked his mom if he could have a butterfly cheesecake just like hers for his birthday. :) Mom called me and we convinced him to go with something a little less girlie. It was an oreo cheesecake (both layers) with chocolate frosting. The cars on top are from a mold (I'm not THAT good) and the ones on the sides I did by hand and then used black M&Ms for the wheels. There are also oreo cookie crumbs for the "track" around the edges. It was fun to teach the mom how to make the cheesecake and work with the chocolate has I did this one so that she could do it herself next time. He gave me the biggest hug at his party after he saw it. I guess that means it was a hit. :)


No comments: