Monday, December 8, 2008

Ashley update

Just a short post to keep everyone in the loop.

We met with the doctors today. Ashley has not had a good weekend. Her condition has gotten worse. Her lungs have not developed and will not develop enough to support her. So tomorrow we are going to take pictures with our family and then we will let her go back to Heavenly Father. My family has all made it here and Cari's family will probably join us on Saturday for the funeral service.
Thank you for all your prayers. Ashley has been amazing and we have been blessed to get to meet her.
More information will come after we are able to make more plans.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, Jeffer, I'm so sorry. She is beautiful, and I know it will be incredibly hard to let her go. Maybe we'll cross paths this Christmas? Much love to all of you from the Pabsts.

Cary & Katrina Sanders said...

Oh, Jeff and Cari! My heart litterally aches for you! I am so sorry for the somber news. Many prayers and thoughts!

Stephanie said...

Your family will continue to be in our prayers.

~The Felkers

Miss L said...

You and your sweet family are in our thoughts and prayers as well. ~Laurenda Blau Peters and family

bottoms family said...

Dearest Maughan family~

I am so sorry to hear about Ashley! I wish you the best and please know that your family is in our prayers!
My heart is full of aches for you guys! Much prayers! Love the Bottoms
Family

The Love Bunch said...

I'm so sorry to hear about sweet little Ashley. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
We love you guys!
The Love's

Tina said...

I'm sorry, you guys...But I'm glad you had the chance to meet Ashley. My big brother lived 4 hours, and I can't wait to meet him someday!

It just so happens that I'll be in KC on Saturday. If you are having a public service, please let me know the where and when.

Grandma Sudholt said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Jan and Bob Sudholt

Colton Anne said...

Jeff and Cari..we are so sorry to hear about your situation! However I also know Heavenly Father's plan and what great parents to allow Ashley to come to in order to receive a body! I know you guys will be blessed for this greatly! Our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family!

~The Bells

Phillip and Lisa Hill said...

Our thoughts and prayers are also with all your dear family. We are so sorry. She must have been a beautiful valiant daughter of God to only need such a short time.
Love
The Hills

Amy R. said...

Jeff and Cari and Family--I am sorry. You will be in my prayers. Amy Richardson

ALYN said...

Jeff and Cari,
I just found your blog, clicking links, to discover this sad news.

I know I can't comprehend what you're experiencing. But I pray that the Lord will strengthen and bless you through the coming weeks and months. May your hearts be comforted.

-Alyn Hancock