Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Last doctor's appointment
Yesterday, Ashley and I had our last doctor's appointment before the big day. This one was a morning appointment so I got to see a couple of residents too. What fun! Ashley passed her test with flying colors, she moved, she breathed, her heart rate was good, etc. I remembered as I walked into the office that I had not had a Rhogam shot when I was supposed to (I have negative blood) because of all the doctor switching that we have done so decide I better ask about that. The last shot that I got was way back when we had the amniocentisis around 21 weeks. Usually, they give you the shot around 28 weeks because it protects you for 12 weeks. So, it was time for another shot. The negative blood thing can cause complications for me during the surgery if Ashley has positive blood so it is a good thing I remembered! It is amazing how the spirit whispers little things like that sometimes. They also measured my belly and this time I actually asked what normal is. The resident told me that at 20 weeks, you should measure about 20 cm and grow about 1 cm a week after that. I am currently at 34 weeks and measure 43 1/2 cm. So I am officially HUGE!!!! And what makes it worse is that it is ALL fluid. No wonder they are so worried about me going into labor early! They haven't measured Ashley in a while so I'm not sure how big she is but I am expecting her to be somewhere in the 3-4 lb range. So, all in all, it was a normal appointment. We have to be at the hospital at 6:30am Friday morning to start the whole process. Just 2 more days!!!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I am so glad she performed today. I've been thinking about you this week knowing you're almost done with stage 1, but just barely beginning stage 2. You Moeglings can't avoid birthdays in my family...my grandma turns 93 on Saturday.
She's almost here! I'll be praying for you Friday. But probably not when you get there, since that's 4:30 my time. :) Love you guys.
BTW, Tag! You're it!
He guys! Congrats on #3. Sorry to hear about the problems that she is going to have. You will be in our prayers. Hopefully it will all be mild.
All four of our kids were born with a mild birth defect called clubfoot. You kind of just go into survival mode and get through it!
Good luck on Friday Cari!
You guys are in our prayers. Good luck tomorrow! :)
I can't wait to see pictures of Ms. Ashley!!!! We love you and know that you are in our prayers....
Post a Comment