Thursday, March 18, 2010

Update

I'll post more info later, so there will be an edit to this later. Cari went in yesterday (St. Patrick's day) for her checkup/ultrasound and there was no heartbeat for Lillian. So this afternoon, Cari was checked in to the hospital and we are going thru the delivery process tonight/friday. The doctors and nurses are going slow, and we don't expect to get finished until late on Friday (19th).
Thank you for your prayers. I'll update later.
So more details.
Cari delivered Lillian on 3/19/2010 at 3:23pm and weighed 13.2 oz. Cari got to experience "natural" childbirth because the end process went faster than the doctor and nurses were really ready for. Cari had a hard contraction, told the nurse she felt pressure, the nurse thought that was a good milestone and went to enter it into the chart, and Cari said "she's coming!" and she came.

The cord was wrapped around her neck three times. The doctors do not think this was the cause. It is more likely the genetic problems were causeing developmental issues enough that her body said it was time to go home.

Cari is doing great. She came home today. She is feeling quite good.
We are both doing really well emotionally. We've had a few grieving moments, but overall we have been blessed with the Comforter, and have felt peace. We are greatful for the support, and love that has been shared.

I will have Cari post more when she can. Thanks again.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, Jeff. I'm so sorry. I wish there was a way to make it better. We love you guys. Give Cari a hug for us.

SDLollypoppers said...

Oh, no! I'm so sorry guys. :( I'll be praying for you all. Love you.

Jules Holbrook said...

Oh, Jeff and Cari, we love you two dearly! We will be praying for you, and I won't be able to stop thinking about you all day. Wish I could be there to give you guys big hugs and bring you dinner.

Tina said...

I'm so sorry, you guys. 'Sending lots of virtual hugs your way!

((((Hugs))))

Brian Moegling said...

You and your family are in our prayers. It hurts to lose a baby no matter what the situation, and I'm so sorry for your loss. I know you have many people who love you there in KC, but we are not that far away if there is something we can do to help. We love you.
Love,
Andi

Colton Anne said...

I am so sorry you guys!! My thoughts and prayers are with you!

TheRapunzelGirl said...

i'm so sorry to hear that. it makes my heart ache for your little family. lean on the teachings of the Gospel and they will help you through this difficult time. *hugs to all*

Melissa said...

As I told you the other night I am so sorry to hear you lost her. I still find it ironic and chilling that we both lost babies the same day. I love you. I hope the process went well.

The Firths said...

Let us know if we can help, buddy. Sorry to hear about that.

Anonymous said...

You guys are in our thoughts & prayers. This must be so difficult, I can't even imagine. Take comfort knowing she will be with her sister & you will see them both again some day.

The Love Bunch said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Lisa R said...

I am truly, deeply, sorry to hear of your loss. Your both amazing people and your two girls are so blessed to have you. You have been in my prayers and I am thankful for the example you are to me.

Cass Bradshaw said...

My heart goes out to you! Love you lots. We will keep you in our prayers. I am so sorry she had to go so soon. I'm sure Grandma Maughan is loving both your girls rocking them and reading to them. (((Hugs))

hwg2g2 said...

We love you.