Sunday, April 11, 2010

thump thump boom!

For my birthday, Cari got us tickets to go see STOMP! at the Midland theater in KC. The theater was absolutely amazing. If you've been to the Fox Theater in St. Louis, the Midland is done similarly. If you haven't been to either, think of the Opera House shown in Phantom of the Opera. Yep, old and ornate theaters.

The actually show was phenomenal. Check out www.stomponline.com to see a few scenes from the show. It doesn't even come close. For those who know about it, YES IT REALLY IS AWESOME!!! For those who don't, it is music without melody. It's percussion and dance combined to form a show. But no drums allowed! They use brooms, trash cans, barrels, lighters (yep!), newspapers, paper bags, plastic bags, and everything that you wouldn't think of to make noises including car parts. I was enthralled for the entire two hours.

Afterward Cari and I went to Red Lobster and had a great meal to finish off our date. Our girls were watched by a good friend, Becca, and of course they had a blast. Becca took them to the park and they got to play a lot. It was a beautiful day all around.

4 comments:

The Firths said...

We love STOMP!!!! Glad that you guys could go.

SDLollypoppers said...

I went with my friend Kelly and my mom back in high school and LOVED it! I'm glad you guys had a great date. :)

hwg2g2 said...

I'm gald you had a good time!

Cari said...

Jeff has been tapping his feet and fingers to the rhythm in his head ever since. :)