I know that cheesecakes are not a new thing for us, but I did a couple new things on this one that turned out really good, so I thought I would share. It is a chocolate almond raspberry cheesecake with a BROWNIE crust. The crust was AWESOME! Just take any regular brownie recipe (I used a box) and pour a thin layer into the spring form pan. Bake as direct but check for doneness after about 20 mins. Let it cool completely before you pour in the cheesecake batter. I think it will be our regular crust from now on for our chocolate cheesecakes. I also made the roses. It was a first for me to try to make a edible rose of any kind and I thought they turned out pretty good. I made them out of homemade modeling chocolate with a little glitter dust. Oh, and did I mention this was my birthday cake? YUM!
Sunday, August 7, 2011
Cheesecake
I know that cheesecakes are not a new thing for us, but I did a couple new things on this one that turned out really good, so I thought I would share. It is a chocolate almond raspberry cheesecake with a BROWNIE crust. The crust was AWESOME! Just take any regular brownie recipe (I used a box) and pour a thin layer into the spring form pan. Bake as direct but check for doneness after about 20 mins. Let it cool completely before you pour in the cheesecake batter. I think it will be our regular crust from now on for our chocolate cheesecakes. I also made the roses. It was a first for me to try to make a edible rose of any kind and I thought they turned out pretty good. I made them out of homemade modeling chocolate with a little glitter dust. Oh, and did I mention this was my birthday cake? YUM!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
girl! You guys never made me any cheesecake when I was there. :( What is your recipe for that one? I would LOVE to make that. yummy!!!
Happy (belated) Birthday, Cari! Hope your cake was as good as it looks.
Happy Birthday Cari! Love you so much and miss you all the tame!!!
The cake is so pretty! It did all turn out so well! Love the rose, I thought it was real before i read the post! I am so going to do the brownie thing next time I make your chocolate cheese cake!
Post a Comment