I have heard many times over the years that recovery from having a baby (or any major medical procedure for that matter) after the age of 30 is much harder. Now that I have experienced it first hand, I must concur. This recovery has been much harder for me then the previous 4. Some might think that this is because I have two kids at home and more on my plate but honestly, I think it is just my age. With the last two I had 2 kids that were much less self sufficient at home and a lot more emotional baggage to deal with. This time around the pregnancy was easier (thank you for small favors!) even if we were in the middle of a roller coaster and the kids can really mostly take care of themselves with a little bit of coaching and refereeing and still it seems to be taking me forever to recover. Forever is of course a relative term since my current recovery is still much faster then most, but for me and my normal, it is taking a long time. I think it is mostly the lack of sleep. Lexi is a good sleeper (much better then her sisters ever were) but my body just can't take the deprivation that in could in my 20's.
Oh and then of course there is my kidneys that I'm sure are NOT helping with the recovery. Last weekend I gave in and took myself down to urgent care to figure out what could be done about this major reoccurring lower back pain that was bothering me (and making it REALLY hard for Jeff to get any sleep). We decided that I have a kidney infection and possibly kidney stones. For now, we are just treating the infection and hopefully that will take care of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment