Last winter I had a lot of fun watching the girls play in the snow, make snow angels, and helping them build snowmen, so this year, even though I have loved the weather here, I have missed the snow. Maybe I should clarify...I have missed the Minnesota snow (Missouri snow is usually just more misery), especially since I have so many friends who have posted pictures on Facebook of all the snow that has come to the midwest this year. A couple days ago, we finally got a good snow that was actually worth playing in. The girls were watching a movie when it started and Jeff and I were getting things prepped for dinner with the missionaries and some friends, but when it started coming down in HUGE fluffy white flakes, we turned off the TV and the girls ran for warmer clothes.
It was perfect snow for snowball fights and snowmen. They had a blast rolling their snowballs around the yard to make them bigger.At one point, they were trying to get their huge snowball to the front yard but it was getting too big for them to push. After watching them struggle with it for a few minutes, one of the teenagers that was out at the park across the street took pity on them and helped them push it the rest of the way to the front yard. Apparently I forgot to take a picture of them standing next to it but their snowman was as big as Rachel.
The only thing that could have made it a more perfect snow was a snowball fight with Daddy. Unfortunately, Daddy had to go pick up the missionaries about the time it started and then he was cooking and the girls were soaking wet and maughansicles when he got back.
Yes, he was grilling in the snow. (It really wasn't that cold.)

No comments:
Post a Comment