Monday, September 26, 2011

Apple picking

One of our fun family traditions for this time of year has been all the fun apple dishes that you come up with when you have TONS of apples to process. In the past, our bishop would distribute apples to people in the ward or we could usually get some from Jessica's trees. This year, I wanted to continue that tradition. Now that the girls are getting big enough to help, we thought it would be fun to go pick some ourselves. We decided on a little farm not far away called Aamodt's Apple Farm. I liked the name. ;) They had goats and a hay bale maze and some other fun things but I think we all enjoyed picking the apples the most.
Feeding the goats.


Both the girls got a turn on Daddy's shoulders but I didn't get a picture of Kaitlyn or of Rachel standing up.


And of course we had to take one for the road. SO YUMMY!


After the orchard, we took the girls to the park to play. Daddy got in on the fun too. :)


If you would like to find an apple orchard in your area, a friend pointed me to this AWESOME website.

http://www.orangepippin.com/orchards/united-states

1 comment:

Cass Bradshaw said...

Looks like fun... now I want an apple. yum. :0)