Normally I try to keep my blog posts about the positive things that our going on in our lives. However, since this is one of the few ways for us to keep everyone in the loop, I decided I should write something about the goings on with our house in Kansas City.
When we moved to MN, we decided that our best option was to use a management company to rent out our house. It took them a little longer then we had hope to find a tenant but as of June, the house was occupied and it appeared all was being taken care of. Around the middle of August, I received a phone call from the management company saying that the tenant was threatening to move out. Since this was the first I had heard that there were any problems with the house, I was a little surprised. I was told that they were trying to convince the tenants to stay and that the problems were being addressed. Fast forward to September, I still hadn't heard anything about the house and whether we would be collecting rent for the month of September. It turned out that the tenants moved out at the end of August, but the management company WAS able to collect the rent for the month. So then we needed to find out what kind of shape the house was in and wanted to know what our options were so that we could decide what to do from there. To make a long story short, after three weeks of getting the run around from the management company with many questions still left unanswered, we have decided to sell the house. We are currently trying to work things out to do a Short Sell with the bank, but our understanding is that this could be a very long process. We are still willing to rent it if we can find a tenant quickly that we can trust but we will not be advertising it. So if anyone of our friends or family know someone who is looking for a place to rent who is TRUSTWORTHY (we will be managing it ourselves at this point) and can move in quickly, please send them in our direction. Ditto for anyone looking to buy a great starter home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
If you decide to go with a management company again, Jim Carlson in our ward (4th ward) has his own business and lots of experience. I hope things work out for you.
Post a Comment